Eightshift WordPress Boilerplate
This repository contains all the tools you need to start building a modern WordPress project, using all the latest front end development tools.
📚 Table of contents
For more documentation details follow this link.
🎉 Awesome features
Here's why you should use Eightshift Boilerplate for your next project.
- OOP - All code is written following the latest object-oriented programming paradigms
- Webpack - Modern bundling & build process
- SASS (scss) - Easy to learn CSS on steroids
- Autoprefixing - Automatically adds vendors prefixes to your CSS
- JS Compiler (Babel) - Write JS using the latest features and let webpack worry about making it work accross all browsers
- Minifying - Automatically minifies your production assets (JS / CSS) during build process
- Cache busting - Each time you build assets, we generate a new URL for each asset file. This means you'll never see the old cached version while developing or after pushing your code to production.
- Synchronised browser testing
- Helps you write better code (automatic code linting)
- Easy SASS media queries
- Eightshift Libs - Library aimed at bringing the modern development tools to your project.
- Eightshift Frontend Libs - A collection of useful frontend utility modules and all the tools you need to start building a modern Gutenberg dynamic blocks.
🚀 Quick start
Let's create a new project!
Navigate to your WordPress theme folder and run the following command:
Script will prompt you for theme name and local development url (used for BrowserSync) and install a new theme:
After the script is finished, you can activate the theme through WP Admin Dashboard.
To start developing run this command from projects root folder:
For more instalation details follow this link.
📫 Who do I talk to?
If you have any questions or problems, please open an issue on github and we will do our best to give you a timely answer.
WordPress Boilerplate is Copyright ©2020 Infinum. It is free software, and may be redistributed under the terms specified in the LICENSE file.