GovPress is a free WordPress theme designed for government use. Features include customized homepage, color customizations options, custom headers, multiple widget areas, and an optional icon navigation menu. Extensive documentation and recommended plugins can be found at GovPress. All code is peer reviewed and patches are welcome via GitHub.
- Mobile-friendly and adapts to all devices (PC, laptop, tablet, smartphone)
- Custom header and background images
- Homepage, sidebar, footer widgets.
- Easy to update content management system (WordPress).
- No vendor lock-in so you can easily move your data at any time.
- Font Awesome by Dave Gandy - http://fontawesome.io. License: SIL OFL 1.1.
We'd love to have as many eyes on this project as possible. If you find a bug or something that can be improved please open an issue and/or submit a pull request.
- Update: Remove body classes for IE.
- Update: Update Grunt packages for build.
- Update: Update link colors to match U.S. Web Design System defaults.
- Update: Add styling for [tel] and [email] inputs. Props @Kleindberg.
- Fix: Updated incorrect textdomains on strings related to theme layouts
- Update: Added credit for Font Awesome
- Update: Theme description
- Update: New screenshot
- Update: Support for post thumbnails
- Update: Support for editor styles
- Update: Font Awesome 4.5.0
- Update: Allow translations to disable Open Sans font
- Update: Support title-tag
- Fix: isset notice in customizer
- Update: Bold headers (h1,h2,h3,etc)
- Enhancement: Layout options
- Enhancement: 404 page improvements
- Enhancement: RTL Support
- Enhancement: Styling updates for forms and inputs
- Fix: Add sanitization for colors in the customizer
- Enhancement: Czech translations (props @honyczek)
- Update: FontAwesome 4.1.0
- Enhancement: Use FitVids for responsive video
- Update: Grunt workflow
- Update: Minify scripts by default
- Update: Use CSS comb to normalize style rules
- Update: Add html classes for IE7 and IE8
- Update: Change icon menu class from "icon-menu" to "menu-icon" (props @ethanteague)
- Enhancement: Color customization options
- Update: Hide content section on home page if the_content() is blank
- Fix: Google font path to avoid issues with SSL sites
- First official release